Among all the flags you could choose for to register your yacht, the Cayman Islands red ensign is the preferred option for most yachtsmen. Not only the Cayman Islands yacht ensign provides the advantages of a tax efficient and stable jurisdiction, as being part of the Red Ensign group which comprises most of the Royal Commonwealth Countries and Dominions, it is a recognized flag worldwide which enable flexible management and use of your yacht, either for your own private use, chartering or professional operations. Registering under Cayman Islands flag enables the yacht owner, agents and operators to enjoy the favorable tax laws of the Cayman Islands.
Our team could assist not only with the registration of your yacht under the Cayman Islands red ensign, but also obtain the radio call signs and related services as well set up for you any holding company in this jurisdiction if required.
+353 21 2028270
OR EMAIL CONTACT@SSMM.IE
Why Cayman Islands?
Cayman Islands possesses a modern yacht registry system, which offers a fast, secure and worldwide accepted registering of boats. The registry allows for registration and discharge of mortgages, change of ownership, transfer of ownership and other similar services.
In addition to the private yacht registry, the Cayman Islands Shipping registry offers Category 1 registrations, which includes large cargo vessels of unlimited tonnage and megayacht grossing below 3000 tons and are now able to register ships of unlimited tonnage and type.
Cayman Islands registration is also permitted for yachts commercially chartering in the Mediterranean, Europe, Atlantic & Pacific oceans as well the West Indies. Please note that while the Cayman Islands red ensign is part of the Red Ensign Group, the Cayman Islands Register is legally independent from the UK Register.
Cayman Islands YACHT REGISTRATION ADVANTAGES
- NO CORPORATE TAXES, making the Cayman Islands an interesting place to own a boat as a vehicle towards tax efficiency;
- There is no sales tax in the Cayman Islands when purchasing anything;
- Your ship will sail as a member of the Red Ensign Group. Your ship will be entitled to British Diplomatic and Consular support, including Royal Navy Protection. Also, the Cayman Islands provides access to the expertise of the UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency;
- Cayman Islands tax exempts based on Cayman Islands’s positive reputation of leading offshore financial centre;
- Low Registration and Maintenance fees;
- Yacht registration and Certificates recognized worldwide;
- The Cayman Islands has stable government and working British Judicial System;
- Cayman Islands is the yachting centre of the Caribbean…
Our team of professional yacht agents will happily guide you to decide on the best suited flagging options for your yacht, based on the intended use of the vessel (private use, charter, VAT reclaim, export, …) as well other parameters such as taxes, insurance, mortgages and loans, boat & yacht finance and refinancing, all to fit with your personal circumstances.
While we are happy to register your vessel in the country of your choice, including through purpose-built holding companies and tax efficient ownership legal structures if necessary, we do have Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to enable fast track registration with the following commercial ships and pleasure yachts registries: