Among all the flags you could choose for to register your yacht, St Kitts and Nevis (Formally Saint Christopher and Nevis) yacht ensign is the preferred option for most yachtsmen. Not only the St Kitts and Nevis yacht ensign provides the advantages of a tax efficient and stable jurisdiction, it is a recognized flag worldwide which enable flexible management and use of your yacht, either for your own private use, chartering or professional operations. Registering under St Kitts and Nevis flag enables the yacht owner, agents and operators to enjoy the favorable personal and corporate tax laws of St Kitts and Nevis.
Our team could assist not only with the registration of your yacht under St Kitts and Nevis yacht ensign, but also obtain the radio call signs and related services as well set up for you any holding company in this jurisdiction if required.
+353 21 2028270
OR EMAIL CONTACT@SSMM.IE
Why St Kitts and Nevis?
Situated in the northern section of the Eastern Caribbean St.Kitts & nevis is approximately 1,300 miles southeast of Miami, Florida. The capital is Basseterre and is located on the larger island St.Kitts. The smaller Island Nevis lies about 3 km southeast of St.Kitts. In 1983, the Federation gained independence as a two-island Parliamentary democracy from England and is a member of the Commonwealth of Nations, the UN, IMO and MAIIF.
Established under Merchant Shipping Act No.24 of 2002, St.Kitts & Nevis International Ship Registry (SKANREG) became an International Open Register. 2011 statistics indicated 710 vessels registered with a total tonnage of 1.400.000 GRT. The Head Office is located in London, United Kingdom and have attained ISO 9002 certification as well the participation in the voluntary IMO member State Audit Scheme. In 2006 a technical office was opened in Basseterre, St.Kitts.
Advantages of St Kitts and Nevis yacht registration
- Worldwide Network of Maritime Registrars and other registration offices for local contact by Owners
- No restriction on ownership of vessel – St. Kitts & Nevis company not required, though using one will result in a lower registration fee
- No restriction on nationality of Master, Officers and Crew onboard
- Central control of registration and issuing of documents
- Rapid turnaround of enquiries and applications
- Competitive fee structure – no ‘hidden extras’
- Convenient location of Head Office for World Wide time zones
- Individuals or corporate bodies can be owners or BB charterers of a ship
- Recourse to a well established legal system based on English Law
- Registration under ownership, bareboat charter and for ships under construction
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff in both Head Office and in the offices of our Maritime Registrars to assist with enquires
- Merchant Shipping legislation based on British and IMO Models
WHAT KIND OF VESSELS CAN BE REGISTERED IN ST KITTS AND NEVIS?
- General cargo ships of unlimited tonnage;
- Yachts of up to 3000 gross tons; and
- Vessels previously covered under Category 2.
- Recreational craft and yachts of up to 400 gross tons (about 45m in length);
- Cargo and commercial craft of up to 150 gross tons (roughly 24m in length); and
- Domestic passenger ships on domestic voyages.
Our team of professional yacht agents will happily guide you to decide on the best suited flagging options for your yacht, based on the intended use of the vessel (private use, charter, VAT reclaim, export, …) as well other parameters such as taxes, insurance, mortgages and loans, boat & yacht finance and refinancing, all to fit with your personal circumstances.
While we are happy to register your vessel in the country of your choice, including through purpose-built holding companies and tax efficient ownership legal structures if necessary, we do have Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to enable fast track registration with the following commercial ships and pleasure yachts registries: