Among all the flags you could choose for to register your yacht, St Vincent and the Grenadines (SVG) yacht ensign is the preferred option for most yachtsmen. Not only the SVG yacht ensign provides the advantages of a tax efficient and stable jurisdiction, it is a recognized flag worldwide which enable flexible management and use of your yacht, either for your own private use, chartering or professional operations. Registering under St Vincent and the Grenadines flag enables the yacht owner, agents and operators to enjoy the favorable personal and corporate tax laws of SVG.
Our team could assist not only with the registration of your yacht under the St Vincent and the Grenadines yacht ensign, but also obtain the radio call signs and related services as well set up for you any holding company in this jurisdiction if required.
+353 21 2028270
OR EMAIL CONTACT@SSMM.IE
Why St Vincent and the Grenadines?
Saint Vincent has in place a body of laws that not only reflect the best elements of modern yacht ownership legislation, but also accept the reality of today’s information technology and a competitive climate for yacht registration. As befits a maritime nation with a rich sea faring tradition, registration of a yacht is efficient with most registrations taking just two working days.
We offer you the opportunity to register yachts under the flag of St. Vincent and the Grenadines. Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, a member of the IMO since 1980, is also a member of the Baltic Exchange and ranks among the top 20 leading fleets of the world by flag registration.
ST VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES YACHT REGISTRATION ADVANTAGES
- NO CORPORATE TAXES, making SVG an interesting place to own a boat as a vehicle towards tax efficiency;
- There is almost no sales tax in SVG when purchasing anything;
- St Vincent and the Grenadines tax exempts based on SVG’s positive reputation of leading offshore financial centre;
- Low Registration and Maintenance fees;
- Yacht registration and Certificates recognized worldwide;
- SVG has stable government and working British Judicial System;
- SVG is the yachting centre of the Caribbean
WHAT KIND OF VESSELS CAN BE REGISTERED IN SVG?
- General cargo ships of unlimited tonnage;
- Yachts of up to 3000 gross tons; and
- Vessels previously covered under Category 2.
- Recreational craft and yachts of up to 400 gross tons (about 45m in length);
- Cargo and commercial craft of up to 150 gross tons (roughly 24m in length); and
- Domestic passenger ships on domestic voyages.
Our team of professional yacht agents will happily guide you to decide on the best suited flagging options for your yacht, based on the intended use of the vessel (private use, charter, VAT reclaim, export, …) as well other parameters such as taxes, insurance, mortgages and loans, boat & yacht finance and refinancing, all to fit with your personal circumstances.
While we are happy to register your vessel in the country of your choice, including through purpose-built holding companies and tax efficient ownership legal structures if necessary, we do have Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to enable fast track registration with the following commercial ships and pleasure yachts registries: