Among all the flags you could choose for to register your yacht, the Turks and Caicos Islands (TCI) red ensign is the preferred option for most yachtsmen. Not only TCI yacht ensign provides the advantages of a tax efficient and stable jurisdiction, as being part of the Red Ensign group which comprises most of the Royal Commonwealth Countries and Dominions, it is a recognized flag worldwide which enable flexible management and use of your yacht, either for your own private use, chartering or professional operations. Registering under TCI flag enables the yacht owner, agents and operators to enjoy the favorable tax laws of the Turks and Caicos Islands.
Our team could assist not only with the registration of your yacht under the TCI red ensign, but also obtain the radio call signs and related services as well set up for you any holding company in this jurisdiction if required.
Why Turks and Caicos Islands?
The Turks and Caicos Islands (TCI) possesses a modern yacht registry system, which offers a fast, secure and worldwide accepted registering of boats. The registry allows for registration and discharge of mortgages, change of ownership, transfer of ownership and other similar services.
TCI registration is also permitted for yachts commercially chartering in the Mediterranean, Europe, Atlantic & Pacific oceans as well the West Indies. Please note that while the Turks and Caicos Islands red ensign is part of the Red Ensign Group, the TCI Register is legally independent from the UK Register.
TCI Yacht Registration Advantages
- NO CORPORATE TAXES, making TCI an interesting place to own a boat as a vehicle towards tax efficiency;
- There is no sales tax in the TCI when purchasing anything;
- Your ship will sail as a member of the Red Ensign Group. Your ship will be entitled to British Diplomatic and Consular support, including Royal Navy Protection. Also, the TCI provides access to the expertise of the UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency;
- Turks and Caicos Islands tax exempts based on TCI’s positive reputation of leading offshore financial centre;
- Low Registration and Maintenance fees;
- Yacht registration and Certificates recognized worldwide;
- TCI has stable government and working British Judicial System;
- TCI is the yachting centre of the Caribbean…
Our team of professional yacht agents will happily guide you to decide on the best suited flagging options for your yacht, based on the intended use of the vessel (private use, charter, VAT reclaim, export, …) as well other parameters such as taxes, insurance, mortgages and loans, boat & yacht finance and refinancing, all to fit with your personal circumstances.
While we are happy to register your vessel in the country of your choice, including through purpose-built holding companies and tax efficient ownership legal structures if necessary, we do have Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to enable fast track registration with the following commercial ships and pleasure yachts registries: